MDMA is a man-made drug that changes how people feel and understand things around them.
It’s like a mix of drugs that make you more energetic and happy, but it also changes how you see and feel time.
Back in 1985, the government said that MDMA is illegal because it’s not used for medicine. It’s also against the law in the UK, and if you’re caught using or selling it, you could go to jail and have to pay a lot of money.
- Will MDMA always be listed with illegal drugs
- What is MDMA look like
- What is MDMA’s smell and taste
- What is MDMA’s affect on the brain
- What is MDMA’s side effects
- MDMA and how hot your body gets
- How long does MDMA’s effects last
- MDMA Drug Abuse
- Can you get hooked on MDMA
- Going from very active and friendly to feeling down
- Getting too hot easily when hanging out
- Showing on-and-off mental/thinking problems
- Taking too much MDMA
- MDMA and mixing with other drugs
Will MDMA always be listed with illegal drugs
Scientists are still testing MDMA to see if it can help adults with autism and people who are very sick and have problems like feeling very scared or worried after something bad happened to them. The first tests showed good results, so the people who support this idea are trying to get permission from the U.S. government to use MDMA for these reasons. The government gave special attention to using MDMA as part of therapy in 2017.
What is MDMA look like
Ecstasy comes in two forms: a powdery crystal or a pill. When it’s in powder, it’s called MDMA, its chemical name. The pills can be many colors, white, square, round, or even shaped in other ways.
The powder looks like gray or white crystals and might be called Mandy or MD. Some pills have pictures or symbols stamped on them, including fake logos of companies.
What is MDMA’s smell and taste
People often put MDMA on their gums or swallow Ecstasy pills. Both of them taste bitter and not very nice. People start feeling the effects around 30 to 60 minutes after taking them.
What is MDMA’s affect on the brain
MDMA makes three chemicals in the brain more active:
- Serotonin – This affects things like how hungry you feel, your sleep, your mood (how you feel), and other stuff in your body. It also makes hormones that can affect things like feeling excited for sex and trusting people. When a lot of serotonin comes out, it’s probably why someone using MDMA feels really happy, caring, and close to others emotionally.
- Dopamine – This makes you more active and gives you energy. It works with the part of your brain that likes rewards and makes you do things again that feel good.
- Norepinephrine – This makes your blood pressure and heart rate go up. This could be a problem if your heart or blood vessels aren’t healthy.
What is MDMA’s side effects
Effects from MDMA (Ecstasy) that are not good:
- Your pupils might get bigger.
- You could grind your teeth or clench your jaw.
- You might sweat a lot and your skin might feel tingly.
- You might not feel very hungry.
- It could be hard to focus or pay attention.
- Your senses might be extra strong (you might see, hear, and feel things more intensely).
- You could get really hot and have a heat stroke.
- Your legs might feel restless.
- You might drink too much water (which can be deadly).
- Your muscles might ache.
- Your heart might beat fast and your blood pressure could go up.
- You might get dehydrated (not enough water in your body).
If you take too much MDMA or a really strong kind, you might feel like you’re floating and see and hear things that aren’t real. You could act in strange and not normal ways, be really upset, anxious, and your heart might beat very fast.
Your body could get really hot; you might get angry and throw up, feel like people are against you, or even shake uncontrollably.
Using too much MDMA is really hard on your heart and body, and it might even lead to a stroke.
MDMA and how hot your body gets
MDMA (Ecstasy) can make your body heat up a lot because it’s like a boost for your energy. This is called hyperthermia. If you take a lot of the drug, you could get too hot really fast. This can be dangerous and might even cause problems with your kidneys, liver, heart, or even lead to death.
How long does MDMA’s effects last
The good feelings from MDMA can stay for about 2 to 4 hours. Even after the happy feeling goes away, there might still be some effects like trouble sleeping or a fast heart for a few more hours, especially if someone took a lot.
Sometimes, the day after, people might feel sad or low. This is called the “comedown” and it could last for a few days.
MDMA Drug Abuse
When you do a pee test, they can find out if you’ve taken MDMA usually within 1 to 4 days.
Using MDMA too much and too strong for a long time can be bad for your health, just like with other drugs. If you keep taking it like this, you might become dependent on it, meaning you can’t stop even if you want to. A group called the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) says that if people use a lot of MDMA for a long time, they might get addicted and feel sick when they try to stop.
Also, using MDMA can make your blood have too little sodium, which is a problem, especially for women.
Can you get hooked on MDMA
Some people are not sure if you can really get hooked on MDMA or if it’s addictive. It’s not as likely to make you addicted as some other things. But if you use MDMA with other drugs, it can make it more likely for you to become addicted.
If you keep using MDMA too much and for a long time, there are signs that show you might have a problem. A special check can help decide if you have a real issue with MDMA and if you might be addicted.
The groups like the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM), National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), and American Psychological Association (APA) say that certain actions can show this:
Going from very active and friendly to feeling down
Using MDMA makes you really energetic and friendly, but after the effects wear off, you might feel sad and tired.
People who use MDMA a lot can go through times when they talk a lot, have lots of energy, and are very friendly, especially when they use the drug with others. But later, they might feel annoyed, alone, sad, and not have much energy.
Getting too hot easily when hanging out
Using MDMA makes your body excited and it sweats a lot. This can happen a lot when you’re in busy places like clubs or parties.
Showing on-and-off mental/thinking problems
People who use too much MDMA can have times when they forget things, feel confused, or see things that aren’t really there. The strong release of brain chemicals and then not having enough of them might hurt the brain for good.
Taking too much MDMA
An overdose means having way more MDMA (Ecstasy) than you should. This can make your body super hot, give you seizures (shaking), and even make you foam at the mouth.
This can cause a really high fever or make a hidden heart problem worse, which could be deadly.
MDMA and mixing with other drugs
Some pills sold as MDMA (Ecstasy) have other things in them that are even more dangerous and take longer to start working. Bad effects might be because of other drugs mixed with MDMA, like alcohol, weed, cocaine, or other stuff that’s not good for you.
“Molly” often has not just pure MDMA, but also other drugs that are risky when used together.Read More: What is MDMA (Ecstasy/Molly)
- Mushrooms That Look Like a Penis
- Melmac Mushrooms
- How to Dry Mushrooms
- How to Pass a Hair Follicle Drug Test: A Comprehensive Guide
- Embalming Fluid Smoking
- Meth Face Sores & Scabs: A Comprehensive Guide
- Concerta Drug Test Detection: Everything You Need to Know (2023)
- Wet Finger Method for Effexor Withdrawal: Does it Work?
- What helps with Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms
- Can I Take A Sleep Aid With Buspirone?
- TCL 341 Pill | Uses, Side Effects, and More
- How to Differentiate Real T259 from the Fake
- Cymbalta Withdrawal: Side Effects & Symptoms
- How long does Suboxone withdrawal last?
- Suboxone Strips: Effective and Convenient Treatment for Opioid Dependency