Cocaine Overdose: Cocaine is a really strong stimulant. It can make you feel more awake, happy, and full of energy. But it can also hurt your body and mind a lot. Even though people in the UK use more cocaine than other European countries, they talk less about it now. They talk more about new things like Monkey Dust and The Spirit Molecule.
But still, lots of people in the UK die because they take too much cocaine. Every year, more people die this way.
Even if people aren’t talking about it as much, we need to remember that taking too much cocaine is really dangerous. It can hurt your body a lot.
Read More: What Does Cocaine Look Like?
What happens when you use cocaine
When you use cocaine, whether it’s a powder or “crack” form, it makes your brain release a chemical called dopamine. This chemical makes you feel really good and happy, which is why people like using the drug.
But if you use a lot of cocaine or have other problems like health issues or feeling bad in your mind, it can make you feel super good at first and then very bad later.
Your body goes faster – your heart beats faster, your blood pressure goes up, and you get hotter. This can make your heart stop or you could have seizures, which are like strong shakes. If you use cocaine for a long time, your body gets used to it, so you need more and more to feel good. This can make you addicted and when you stop using it, you might feel really sad, worried, and even scared.
People who use cocaine for a long time also lose their appetite and can’t sleep well. This makes them lose too much weight and not get the right food, which can make them very sick.
What happens if you take too much cocaine
Taking too much cocaine can be really dangerous and even deadly. When people talk about a “cocaine overdose,” it means they’ve used so much of the drug that it harms their body a lot. This doesn’t always mean taking a lot at once – it can also happen if your body can’t handle the effects, even in smaller amounts.
Here are some ways that a cocaine overdose can cause serious problems and even lead to death:
- Heart Problems: Your heart can start beating too fast or your blood pressure can drop, which can make your heart stop.
- Stroke: You could have a sudden problem in your brain from cocaine, which can cause a stroke.
- Strange Heartbeats: Your heart can start beating in a bad way that can be dangerous.
- Trouble Breathing: Cocaine can make you have seizures, and these can make it hard for you to breathe.
- Accidents: You might act really scared or make bad choices because of the drug, which can lead to accidents.
- Mixing Drugs: If you use cocaine with other drugs, it can create a dangerous mix that can harm you a lot.
Famous people like River Phoenix, Whitney Houston, and Chet Baker passed away because of using too much cocaine.
- River Phoenix died from a mix of cocaine and heroin.
- Whitney Houston drowned in a bathtub because of cocaine and heart disease.
- Chet Baker accidentally fell from a balcony after using lots of cocaine and heroin.
These sad stories show how dangerous using too much cocaine can be.
What makes a cocaine overdose more likely
Looking at just these three examples, we can see that having health problems and using cocaine with other things can really raise the chances of a cocaine overdose.
The second one is hard to control because when people buy “cocaine” on the street, they often don’t know what they’re actually getting.
Some other things that can make a cocaine overdose more likely are:
- Taking More: If you use a lot of cocaine to feel stronger effects or to deal with feeling bad when you stop, it can be dangerous.
- Using a Lot: If you keep using cocaine all the time because you’re addicted, it can make you overdose.
- Feeling Sad or Worried: If you have mental problems and use too much cocaine to try to feel better, it can hurt you.
- Pressure from Others: Sometimes, friends might push you to use more cocaine, which can be really bad.
- Stopping and Starting: If you try to quit cocaine and then use it again, your body might not handle it and you could overdose. This is because your body gets used to the drug when you use it a lot.
These things can make it more likely for someone to overdose on cocaine.
Read Now: What is an 8 Ball Cocaine?
How many people die because of cocaine overdose each year in the UK
If we only count the deaths that are directly caused by using cocaine (not including accidents or people hurting themselves on purpose), the number of deaths is really high and getting worse every year. Let’s
look at the numbers for the last ten years:
- 2012: 139 deaths
- 2013: 169 deaths
- 2014: 247 deaths
- 2015: 320 deaths
- 2016: 371 deaths
- 2017: 432 deaths
- 2018: 637 deaths
- 2019: 708 deaths
- 2020: 777 deaths
- 2021: 840 deaths
It’s clear from these numbers that the amount of people who died because of using too much cocaine went up a huge 700% in just ten years. And it looks like this number will keep going up when they tell us the numbers for 2022. Let’s know signs of cocaine overdose:
Signs of cocaine overdose
Since using too much cocaine is really dangerous, it’s crucial to know the signs of a cocaine overdose. This way, if someone shows these signs, they can get help from a doctor quickly. Here are the things to look out for:
- Feeling very anxious or restless
- Having high blood pressure
- Being really hot and sweaty
- Seeming confused and not knowing what’s happening
- Seeing things that aren’t there (hallucinations)
- Heart beating in a strange way
- Shaking a lot because of seizures
- Having a hard time breathing
If someone has these signs after using cocaine, it’s important to get them medical help right away.
Knowing these signs and treating them seriously can save someone’s life. That’s why it’s really important to be watchful and tell the first helpers what the person used, so they can give the right help right away.
Cocaine might seem like something that makes you feel really good, but it can also be like a deadly poison. The 840 people who died from using too much cocaine in 2021 aren’t just numbers. They are 840 lives with dreams that won’t come true. Dreams of seeing kids grow up, marrying someone they love, and spending time with family and friends.
It’s super important for anyone who uses cocaine to know the danger they’re in every time. Nobody thinks it will be them who gets really sick, but the truth is, using cocaine is like playing a dangerous game.Read More: Cocaine Overdose: What Does Cocaine Do To Your Body
- Mushrooms That Look Like a Penis
- Melmac Mushrooms
- How to Dry Mushrooms
- How to Pass a Hair Follicle Drug Test: A Comprehensive Guide
- Embalming Fluid Smoking
- Meth Face Sores & Scabs: A Comprehensive Guide
- Concerta Drug Test Detection: Everything You Need to Know (2023)
- Wet Finger Method for Effexor Withdrawal: Does it Work?
- What helps with Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms
- Can I Take A Sleep Aid With Buspirone?
- TCL 341 Pill | Uses, Side Effects, and More
- How to Differentiate Real T259 from the Fake
- Cymbalta Withdrawal: Side Effects & Symptoms
- How long does Suboxone withdrawal last?
- Suboxone Strips: Effective and Convenient Treatment for Opioid Dependency