Have you ever seen prices go up when you pay for stuff at the store? The reason behind this is that you’re paying more in taxes. In this article, we’ll also discuss when you need to pay GST and HST, and it’s all about Canadian citizens.
GST/HST Payment Dates
Canadians go about their daily lives, and some might qualify for the GST Harmonized Sales Tax Credit. This credit, funded by the government, helps people with low incomes pay for the GST or HST they incur during the year. This article will tell you who’s eligible for these payments and how to apply for them. Read on to learn more.
2023 GST/HST Payment Dates
The dates for getting your GST/HST credit for the year 2022 have been set for July 5, 2023, October 5, 2023, January 5, 2024, and April 5, 2024. You can get this credit even before you file your taxes.
When it comes to these payment dates, you need to inform the tax authorities if your life situation changes, like if you get married or have kids. To answer the common question about the 2023 GST/HST payment dates, this credit is given to you every three months, as we mentioned earlier.
Overview of CRA GST Payment Dates 2023
|GST’s Four types||SGST, CGST, IGST, UTGST|
|Canada HST Credit||8-10%|
|Credit age limit of GST HST||19 or more|
|Canada PST Rate||7 %|
|Fformula of GST||(Original Cost*GST Rate Percent)/100|
|Canada’s highest income tax rate||Formula of GST|
GST/HST Payment in Canada
Great news! You don’t have to do another application. Now, when you file your tax return, they automatically check if you’re eligible for this credit. It’s a reward for those who file their taxes on time.
GST/HST Payment Eligibility in Canada
To get this payment, you need to:
- Be a Canadian citizen.
- Be at least 19 years old.If you’re not a Canadian citizen and you’re under 19, you must have a common-law partner.
- Have kids and live with them or have lived with your kids.
HST Amount 2023
The HST payments people get depend on how much money their family makes and how many kids under 19 are in their family who get the Canada Child Benefit (CCB) and HST Credit.
For the year 2022, here are the payment amounts:
- $496 for single people.
- $650 for married folks or those living together.
- $171 for each kid under 19.
It’s really important to let the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) know right away if your family size, address, or marital status changes. This way, you’ll get the right HST Credit payments on time.
How to Get HST Credit 2023
In most cases, you don’t have to apply for HST Credits yourself if you’ve already filed your tax returns. The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) will check if you’re eligible automatically when they get your tax return, even if you didn’t earn any money.
But if you’re a new resident in Canada, there are some special steps to follow. If you have kids, you fill out Form RC66. If you don’t have kids, use Form RC151. After you’ve completed and signed the right form, mail it to the Tax Centers they specify.
How to Get Your GST/HST Payments
Getting your GST/HST payments is simple. If you do your taxes online, it’s quick and easy. But if you prefer a check, it’ll come in the mail.
The only issue with checks is that they take longer to process. Ideally, you should get your payment within 10 days. If it’s been longer and you haven’t received it, you can contact CRA for help.
When Will Your GST/HST Payment Change
Life keeps changing, and so can your payment. The CRA will recheck it when certain things change in your life. Here are the situations where your payment might change:
- If your income or your family’s income changes.
- If your marital status changes.
- If the number of your children changes.
- If one of the people receiving the payment passes away.
If any of these things happen, don’t wait. Contact the CRA right away. It’s a good idea to make sure your records are correct. This way, they can review and adjust your GST or HST payment. Once you understand how GST/HST works, you can use your quarterly payments to cover your monthly expenses or treat yourself to a day at the spa.Checkout More: GST/HST Payment Dates, Tax Credit Guide, Full Details
- What is Attendance Allowance? Form, Rates, Pitfalls- Attendance Allowance UK
- Chances of Rejection – How Many Years Do You Have to Work to get Maximum CPP?
- How to Apply for OAS Supplement, Who Qualifies? OAS Supplement 2023-2024
- Coming on Nov 10, Are you Getting it? Ontario Trillium Benefit November 2023
- When is CAIP Payment Date in 2024 and How Much is the amount? CAIP Payment 2024
- How Much Allowable Rent Increase 2024 in Ontario? Ontario Rent Increase 2024
- How Much is the Public Sector Wage Increase? Public Servants Salary Increase 2024
- Carers Allowance 2023-2024: How Much is Carers Allowance? Eligibility, Rate
- OAS Payment Dates, Date Announced, Disability, Old Age Security Supplement
- Grocery Rebate Payments: When and Who is getting Grocery Rebate Payment in 2024
- Toronto Gas Price Tomorrow: What is the gas Price in Toronto Today & Tomorrow?
- Alberta Affordability Payment Dates: What is the Solution if Payment not Received
- What is Canada FPT, Dates And Amounts 2023
- Canada CAI: What is Canada CAI Payment & Deposit?
- CPP Payment Dates, Increase, Disability Dates, CPP Amount & Limit