Making an Alberta Bill of Sale is like creating a paper that shows you bought or sold a car in Alberta. It is for when you do it privately, not through a company. Need more details or where to find it? Let us talk about that.
This paper is super important when you give someone else your car. You can find out all about buying a vehicle in this article. We have covered everything you need to know about the paper and how to make it.
You will need this paper to add your car to your insurance. They want the real paper, not a photocopy. It is a good idea to get this paper not only for cars but for other expensive things when you trade them.
- How to Write Alberta Bill of Sale
- Where to get the Alberta Bill of Sale
- Comprehensive Bill of Sale Alberta
- People May Ask
- Can you write a bill of sale by hand in Alberta?
- Is a bill of sale like a magic ownership ticket in Alberta?
- Can you zap your signature onto a bill of sale with a computer in Alberta?
- Does a bill of sale have legal superpowers in Alberta?
How to Write Alberta Bill of Sale
If you make a Bill of Sale in Alberta then it is like having proof that you bought or sold something. It is also useful for figuring out how much tax you need to pay. This paper can be your receipt, too.
Now, here is what you need to put in the paper:
For the buyer:
- Name, signature, and address
For the vehicle:
- VIN (like the car’s ID)
- Style and make
For the seller:
- Name, signature, and address
So, on the Alberta Bill of Sale, you must write the important things as we have mentioned earlier. However, there are some extra things you can write if you want to:
- Phone numbers of both people
- If the money is all paid or just some
- How many miles the car has gone (odometer stats)
- Signatures of people who saw the deal
- Any past money owed on the car
- Where the car was registered before
- Any special deal rules
You can choose to put these or not, it is completely up to you.
Where to get the Alberta Bill of Sale
Do you want the Alberta Bill of Sale for your car sale or purchase? Follow the given easy steps:
- Take your device and open any web browser.
- Head to the Government of the State’s main web page.
- Click on ‘All Services’ in the main menu.
- Choose Driving and Transportation from the options.
- Click on Buying, Selling, and Registration of a vehicle.
- Pick Buying or selling.
- Look for the Standard bill of sale under the menu bar.
- Check the info on the bill and move to the overview section.
- Find the link to the PDF of the document.
- Download the form and fill it out in the right way.
After the sale, keep this paper safe for future things like insuring, registering, or just to remember.
Comprehensive Bill of Sale Alberta
We talked about the regular bill for selling or buying a car privately, right? Now, if you are getting a car from a company instead, you will need something called a Comprehensive Alberta Bill of Sale. The company gives you this paper when you buy or lease a car from them.
It is kind of like the regular bill, with the same format and details, but now it includes information about the company, too.
Besides what we talked about earlier, there are a few more things to add:
- The owner’s name
- Where they live (address)
- License number
- Info about the person helping with the sale (Sales Associate Details).
If you are trading in a car, note down details about that one, too. Moreover, do not forget to mention how you are paying and any special conditions on the bill.
People May Ask
Can you write a bill of sale by hand in Alberta?
Yup, you totally can! Even though most folks do it on the computer, scribbling it on paper works too.
Is a bill of sale like a magic ownership ticket in Alberta?
Yep! If you want to claim ownership of a vehicle, you need a bill of sale to prove it. You have to show it when you register for your ride in Alberta.
Can you zap your signature onto a bill of sale with a computer in Alberta?
Nope, have to do it the old-school way—put pen to paper. However, if you are dealing with real estate stuff, you and the other party can agree to use electronic signatures for certain documents, not those that need to hit the Land Titles office.
Does a bill of sale have legal superpowers in Alberta?
It sure does! A private sale is like a secret handshake that passes the vehicle ownership to the new owner. Both the buyer and seller need to sign it to make it legit.