Before breaking, which is more dangerous, it is crucial to know that both have the potential for drug abuse. It is essential to mention that they are prescription medications. All the medicines a doctor prescribes to you carry some risk, and knowing their proper usage can help you avoid many problems. Let’s learn more about Codeine vs Hydrocodone.
Read More: How Long Does Oxycodone Stay In Your System?
Codeine vs Hydrocodone are both opioids. If you don’t take it in the correct quantity, then it can lead to side effects like drowsiness and dizziness.
Acetaminophen with Codeine
Codeine is a cough and mild pain reliever. Codeine is low in strength, so adding one more ingredient, like acetaminophen, helps increase its effectiveness. It is a natural extraction of the opium plant.
Codeine is more reachable than other opioids, and therefore it is the most common ingredient in cough syrup known as “lean,’ or “purple drank.” Teenagers find it easy to purchase cough medicine, and there must be 1-2 bottles in your home as teenagers abuse this drug more than adults.
Hydrocodone v/s acetaminophen
When Hydrocodone is combined with acetaminophen, it releases pain from your body as its pain-relieving properties increase. Codeine is less effective than Hydrocodone as it is a synthetic drug, according to the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration).
Which is more dangerous?
Professionals consider Hydrocodone more dangerous as it is more robust than Codeine. However, it doesn’t make Codeine risk-free, as both are opioids which are abused by people every day. Initially, they may feel relaxed, but it turns into fatigue after some time.
Hydrocodone is more effective in severe pain as it has a calming effect than Codeine. When a person stops using either of them, he’ll experience withdrawal symptoms. Hydrocodone is Schedule III drug and Codeine is Schedule II; therefore, the risk associated with Codeine is lower than Hydrocodone.
Going through Addiction Treatment Programs is the best way to overcome their dependence.
A goal for hope
Teenagers can get the mental health treatment and addiction they need. Unlike other rehab centres, they give adolescents special treatment, and their services include:-
- Residential treatment – For patients who need supervision for a minimum of 30 days.
- PHP (Partial Hospitalisation Program) – A program where patients visit their facility for most of the day regularly but return to their homes after that.
- IOP(Intensive Outpatient Program) – A denser treatment for people with milder addictions, similar to PHP.
- Alumni Program – After the completion of the treatment, it gives resources and support to all their patients to maintain their soberness.
In every SUD treatment program, all patients have the opportunity to participate in many therapies like:-
- Family therapy
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
Even if people receive opioids in their prescription, addictions can occur as they are highly addictive.
Difference between Codeine vs Hydrocodone
One of the most crucial differences between them is that oxycodone is more vigorous than Hydrocodone and therefore, it is more misused than Hydrocodone as it produces more robust effects. In other words, oxycodone is likely at a greater risk of high overdose.
Another difference is their side effects. Hydrocodone causes more tiredness and oxycodone causes constipation.
These drugs are very similar. Their actual effects depend on the quantity the person is abusing, dosage, release form, weight, and abuse history. Both Codeine vs Hydrocodone are prescription drugs that are being used to treat pain. They create a feeling of immense joy and pleasure and are more misused. They both cause slow heart rate and breathing.Read More: Codeine vs Hydrocodone: Which is more fatal?
- Understanding Sperm Cramps: Causes and Solutions
- Stomach Pain in the Morning: What Does It Mean and What Can You Do About It?
- Understanding Period Weight Gain: Causes and Solutions
- Niogermox: Dosage and Side Effects
- Effective Prescription Weight Loss Pills
- What Is RMS Disease (Rhabdomyosarcoma)?
- Can you drink water while fasting?
- How Many Glasses Of Water In A Gallon?
- How to Get Rid of Yeast Infections in 24 Hours?
- What is the best way to detox your body in 24 hours?
- How Long Does Oxycodone Stay In Your System?
- How Long Does Suboxone Stay In Your System
- Codeine vs Hydrocodone: Which is more fatal?
- What Does Fentanyl Look Like
- Hypnic Jerk: Why Do I Twitch When I Sleep?